Contesta Oy is a full service testing and research laboratory in the field of concrete technology. Our staff of highly skilled experts and technicians provides services such as wide range of testing, thin section analysis, failure analysis, research and development, condition assessment and quality control of concrete and other construction materials.
In addition, Contesta Oy offers expert assessments and consulting on concrete work specification and complaint cases, as well as evaluating whether concrete mix designs fulfill project requirements. We work with national and international clients to find the best solutions even for the most difficult and complex assignments.
The essential parts of our testing operations have been accredited. Contesta Oy also works as a Notified Body (NB 1138) under the Construction Products Regulation EU No 305/2011.
Typical tests include:
- Quality control of concrete materials: cement, admixtures, additives, aggregates, water
- Testing of hardened concrete, for example several types of strength tests, depth of penetration of water under pressure
- Air void spacing factor of concrete from thin sections according to national standard (comparable to EN 480-11)
- Other frost resistance tests of concrete in a freeze-thaw testing chamber
- Determination of energy absorption capacity of fibre reinforced sprayed concrete (EN 14488-5)
- Quality control of concrete products and lightweight aggregate products
- Analysis of reasons of failure in case of concrete with unsatisfied quality, using e.g. microscopy and chemical methods